Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default HID car head lights

In article , says...
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 17:36:56 -0800, ransley wrote:

A few years ago it cost nearly $1000.00 US to convert to HID, now I
see "kits" avalaible for $40-50 USD. I saw a Bosch kit for maybe $45
US , [ Bosch is well known to not make anything junk] are these any
good. if so for a person with aging night eyes, it sounds like a cheap
and great way to get " light"

Well I can't even buy a pair of 9007 Sylvania SilverStar halogen bulbs
for under $50 bucks so I don't see how an HID kit is going to cost under
that.

I just replaced a pair of 9003 Sylvania Silverstar bulbs for under $30,
a pair is $25 on-line but I didn't want to drive around with one burned
out waiting for the mail.

I'd considered the HID replacements, they really are available for $50
and up with Bosch HID bulbs and off-brand ballasts, but for my Subaru's
9003 bulbs, they'd become low-beam only. Not really what I want, so I
stuck with halogen.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/