Posted to alt.home.repair
Calab Calab is offline

Default HID car head lights

"ransley" wrote in message
On Dec 20, 9:02 pm, "Calab" wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message

A few years ago it cost nearly $1000.00 US to convert to HID, now I
see "kits" avalaible for $40-50 USD. I saw a Bosch kit for maybe $45
US , [ Bosch is well known to not make anything junk] are these any
good. if so for a person with aging night eyes, it sounds like a cheap
and great way to get " light"

You get what you pay for... There are many "HID" kits out there are
aren't
actually HID - they're just high wattage bulbs with a normal filament.

IIRC, a true HID does not have a filament in the bulb.

The kits I have seen have a ballast-ignitor and HID bulbs, Bosch is
well known and is sold cheaply now

I'd definately like to know where I could get a $50 HID kit for my 93 Mazda
626