pyotr filipivich

Default Gunner: I'm back

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what Gunner
fosted Sun, 20 Jun 2004 03:27:05 GMT on
rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:44:32 -0500, Jim Levie
wrote:

I've had this done twice. Once in '97 for a partially blocked right illiac
artery that caused my right leg to go numb after heavy exercise and then
much later for the "big one". Believe me, the "C clamp" is a vast
improvement over the old procedure. Back then two-three nurses would take
turns manually applying pressure to the incision. Being "good medical
practitioners" they tend to err on the safe side, which means they do
their level best to try to push your leg down through the basement from
the sixth floor. It took some three hours or so and the only redeeming
value was all the "good drugs". Mercifully I slept through a good bit of
it.

By 2001 (three days before 9/11) the technology had improved
significantly. This time they used a "C clamp" with an inflatable pressure
pad. By raising the pressure in the pad to a bit above blood pressure they
can be sure that the artery stays closed. While not at all comfortable,
its a lot more bearable. (and lots of drugs help...)

Oddly enough..when they went in the second time for the actual
angioplasty..the big high tech heart center used the two large
orderlies for the pressure. The country hospital used the C clamp.
After being badly bruised up from the angiogram the day before..it was
a bit tender. 3 grains of morphine only took the top layer off. I
asked the orderly to back off a smidge..and he didnt. I then TOLD him
to back off a bit..and when he didnt. I recall grabbing him by the
back of the belt and hoisting him off the floor one handed. Pain=
adrenalin..and it really really really really hurt. I ran though my
entire vocabularly of nasty words in 5 languages, causing a very
diverse group of staff to variously bust up laughing, get all puffed
up or blush.

ROFLMAO!

And they say Americans don't know more than English!

My lungs are good and I simply lost control..so they
closed the doors to that wing. I understand that they heard me at the
front lobby upstairs. Probably considered it bad for business ...

"You're scaring the other patients!"
Good!

Shrug..now my entire right leg has pin point hemmatomas from ankle to
groin. Freckles I never had...lol
He was a big ol boy too..

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

--
pyotr filipivich.