Posted to alt.electronics
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default 70V questions

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 05:38:58 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Hi JF

Again thanks for the info.

I went shopping the other day and they didn't have the parts I was
looking for. So now I'm searching online to try and find them on some
online shops.

I found a pretty good webites to get datasheets. But I have to open
every one to see if it qualifies.

Do you know:
1. It seems like there's an international product numbering system for
electronic components (or does every manufacturer number their own
way?)

---
AFAIK every manufacturer names their products in their own way.

Notable exceptions are second-sourced parts where the part numbers
from the second source generally mimic the original or, at least,
integrate the original manufacturer's part number into their own.
---

2. Is there a place where I can search all MOSFETS (e.g.) and find the
code for the ones that qualify for me. E.g. 5V gate and 200V for the
supply.

---
Not that I know of.

However, all is not lost.

Many manufacturers provide editable online parametric tables for
their parts which will allow you to define the search criteria and
which will display parts which meet those criteria.

Some distributors do also. Digi-Key is a good example, and their
engine will search across all the lines they carry, so that probably
comes as close to supplying what you describe as there is.
---

Regards & Merry Christmas

---
Thanks. You too. :-)