pyotr filipivich

Default Gunner: I'm back

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what Gunner
fosted Sun, 20 Jun 2004 01:02:42 GMT on
misc.survivalism , viz:

Actually...center of mass. Aim for 2" above the belt buckle and the
followup shots tend to string upwards through the remaining vital
bits.

Gunner

Gunner, Agreed. The point was the one I keep driving home to my wife.
Don't draw your weapon If you don't intend to use it. None of this "one
step closer" stuff, pretty soon the perp has your gun and your toast.

Ayup..the only time a warning shot should be fired, is in the center
of mass. Both legally and for your personal safety.

I was taught "employing lethal force is not 'the last option'. By that
time, all other options are gone."

Of course, I as taught not to draw a firearm without intending to fire,
and don't fire without intending to hit them, and you shoot them to cause
maximum harm. Taught that specifically by an Air Force career cop, so
take it as intended: Not as an automatic progression, but as a "no
half-measures" mindset. (the paperwork is tremendous.)

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"Do not argue with the forces of nature, for you are small,