Martin H. Eastburn

Default Powdercoating panel seaming idea.

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

In article , axolotl
wrote:

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

I have not been able to find any suppliers of a spot putty that can
take the 500 degF of the powdercoating oven.

POR makes a high temperature putty/adhesive sold for (among other
things) exhaust manifold repairs. It gives the appearance of being metal
filled, which would make it conductive. Before anyone gets their hopes
up, it doesn't work on exhaust manifolds. Might be a very expensive
option for you.

Kevin Gallimore

The guys I talked to said temperature wasn't the main problem.
It seems that even the high temp putties out-gas, and that will cause
bubbles in the powdercoat.

Can the panel be heated to out-gas the putties and then power coated ?
If the putties are transformed under heat - e.g. cooked - they might stay put.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer