Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Jewelery Chests X 2 Part 1

"Charlie M. 1958" wrote in message

I built a simple 3-drawer chest using the same type of drawer slide
construction, and it was a challenge just getting *3* drawers aligned
properly. You have my utmost respect! I'm a big fan of spalted lumber,
too.

Thank you Charlie

Well the equipment really really factored in on this one. As mentioned
previously I precision sanded all the close tolerance parts on my drum
sander including the tops and bottoms of the drawers after they were
assembled but before adding the Tiger Maple veneer. I built the drawers for
an exact fit which naturally prevented one directly above the other to fit
in the chest at the same time. I did this on purpose. After building the
drawers I took side by side pairs and sanded equal amounts from the bottoms
and tops on the Performax drum sander. I literally eye balled the spacing
on every pair of drawers. It was really pretty easy doing the fitting this
way when it is simple to remove 1/128" per pass. ;~) As a bonus this
insured that the bottoms and tops of the drawers were perfectly flat and
each piece of the drawer was a perfect fit in height to each other.