Simon

Default Worktop to wall (sealing)

"robgraham" wrote in message
But now that I have large gaps how do I seal the worktop to the wall or
should I forget this and just tile, bringing the tiles out from the wall
with large lumps of grout to cover the gaps.

The best way is to plaster the wall to fit the worktop. It doesn't matter

if
you are no good at plastering - you'll be tiling over it. Get some

plaster,
how much depends on the size of the gaps, and having distressed the wall

provide a key, put it on level with the back of the worktop, tapering the
plaster up the wall. One coat should do it, and when it's gone off a bit
(say 1 hour) level it at much as possible.

Rob Graham

slap a piece of plasterboard up, much easier ... stick a dollop of bonding
every 8 inches or so and squeaze it in place and let it set, then tile over
and if it's on a run of wall where the tiling is to finish, you'll just have
to put up with a larger step from wall to the tiling, a nice bevelled grout
edge should finish it off.