Garlicdude

Default Gunner: I'm back

Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 13:59:11 -0700, Garlicdude
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 07:35:10 -0700, Garlicdude
wrote:

Santa Cruz Mike wrote:

" A bullet in the foot first warning, next the thigh, then a good
chest shot... then between the eyes" Little Gunner

If you draw your weapon the first shot should be between the eyes.

Actually...center of mass. Aim for 2" above the belt buckle and the
followup shots tend to string upwards through the remaining vital
bits.

Gunner

Gunner, Agreed. The point was the one I keep driving home to my wife.
Don't draw your weapon If you don't intend to use it. None of this "one
step closer" stuff, pretty soon the perp has your gun and your toast.

Ayup..the only time a warning shot should be fired, is in the center
of mass. Both legally and for your personal safety.

What you have to do, is consider the following:

1. Is your life of the life of another in immediate danger?
A. Yes. Employ deadly force as needed
B. No. Leave the area NOW.

2. Will the situation escalate into your life being in danger, through
mechanisms beyond your control?
A. Yes.. see A above
B. No. See B above.

SNIPPED

Never let anger be your guide. You MUST use the Reasonable Man
concept.
Is it reasonable to you and the community to shoot at this place and
time, under thise conditions?

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

Good advice.

--