Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Charlie M. 1958 Charlie M. 1958 is offline

Default Jewelery Chests X 2 Part 1

Leon wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

Super nice. Making a second was probably the best/worst decision. Makes
your wife happy, but now you have to fill it.

Thank you Edwin, no, her Jewelry box that I bought her some 30 years ago
has veen over flowing for some time.

Not only shows your skills, but your patience too. Good job.

I really enjoyed drawing up the plans and building these chests. I had to
build to pretty close tolerances and made use of my Performax drum sander to
fine tune the exact height of each drawer. My plans called for no gaps
between the drawers and I used the drim sander to establish the 1/16" gap
beween each. The critical part was the 10 dados one each side and the 10
dado's in the middle section to hold the wooden drawer slides.

Thank you again.

I built a simple 3-drawer chest using the same type of drawer slide
construction, and it was a challenge just getting *3* drawers aligned
properly. You have my utmost respect! I'm a big fan of spalted lumber, too.