Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] lostfrom68jay@googlemail.com is offline

Default Small brass parts - Polishing questions

I happened to notice you are using Phillips head screws and the screws on
the instrumeet are blade type.

Would it be a seling point to use blade screws? or offer a choice?

Just a casual observation from out in the weeds......

There would be an aesthetic advantage to blade screws, but I can't
find suitable ones. They need to be strong, with a large flat under-
surface. I'm using a 18-8 truss head screw and lacquering it gold.
I've thought of getting them brass-plated. Some customers use brass
screws, which look better, but I discourage this because of strength
issues.