Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
santanu santanu is offline

Default How to decide what kind of foundation is required for lathe.

On Dec 19, 6:13 pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 00:32:30 -0800 (PST), with neither quill nor
qualm, santanu quickly quoth:

Dear All,
I have a lathe which is to be installed on 4th floor in my lab. I want
to know what kind of foundation is required and how to go for it. My
vendor suggests he has some readymade rubber foundations available for
the same. Will that do.
Kindly help.

What size/weight of lathe?

What kind of building?

What kind of flooring?

Lab? Will you be turning your own test tubes and beakers? snort

You guys remind me of the people who used to call up the body shop on
the phone and ask for an estimate for the damage to their car.

When will people learn to give all the pertinent facts to help others
help them? Krikey!

--
Seen on a bumper sticker: ARM THE HOMELESS

Thanks for ur nice comments anyways.. i didnt had the specs. of the
lathe previusly..moreover here are those..
Length: 4.5' and Height of cent 8.5", lathe to be kept on 4th floor
of a office complex, concrete flooring.