Eric R Snow

Default Powdercoating panel seaming idea.

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 18:18:31 -0400, "Shawn" shawn_75ATcomcastDOTnet
wrote:

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
I have a theory about how to seam panels of aluminum, and was wondering
if anybody has heard of such a device.

I have thought about just skiving the edges of both panels to thin
knife edges and lapping them, but that woories me more.

Instead of a tongue and groove, why not a shiplap joint? This would
probably be easier to machine and your thinnest dimension would be .045".
Just a thought.

Shawn

Is the problem with the edges because the electrons are coming off
easier there? Like the sharp point of an electrode? If so, then
wouldn't your joint still end up with points? Even if the point is
laying right on a surface won't it still act the same? I don't know,
but maybe someone in the electronics newsgroups would.
ERS