Mark Allread

Default Gunner: I'm back

Tim May wrote:

In article , Strabo
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:00:38 GMT, Strider
wrote:

As far as the VA goes, I (non vet) consider that to be back pay. It
was the deal when they went into the military and VA heath care is
OWED to Vets by the public.

That's a big 10-4.

Except it's just no so. VA treatment is for service-related injuries or
conditions only.

Those who want a more comprehensive deal need to stay in the service
until the benefits kick in. Just like with all sorts of other pension
plans.

Being in the service for 3 years is not a ticket for free health care
for the rest of your life.

Nor should it be, for obvious reasons.

--Tim May

When I was in the Marine Corps. I was told I had VA hospital benefits
the rest of my life. It is not only for service connected health problems.
Another alternative is to give up your American citizenship, and become
a Mexican citizen. That way you can go to any hospital in the United
States for free. You can collect emergency SS payments of about $800 a
month, food stamps, freebies from local churches and hispanic political
organizations, and you don't even have to have car insurance or pay
taxes! If you can convince a Border Patrolman to shoot you in the foot,
you will be a millionaire.