Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland Louis Ohland is offline

Default Sieg X3 Y axis snap ring is not 16mm

It's very difficult to put the sticky notes on the screen to bookmark
subjects... You can't flip from one area to another to compare them as
easily...

Oh, the 12mm retaining rings came in today.

Mike wrote:
On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:21:33 -0600, Louis Ohland
wrote:

Mike wrote:
measured the groove and it's 11.34mm. Shaft is 12mm.
As others have already said it is 12mm, but the groove might not be
sized properly

No, I czeched Machinery's Handbook, the nominal groove diameter is
11.35, so the 12mm retaining ring is dead-on. I ordered a ten pack
through Fastenal. It's a walk-in store, and I like to be able to order,
then pay when something arrives.

But... be careful... Fastenal has some pretty vigorous prices on some
items...

I wish I could *find* my Machinery's Handbook. It's packed in a box
along with some other books .......when I say box and other books I
really mean about 50 boxes and 1000 other books. I last saw it in
late 2005. I've the CD rom version on my PC but it just *isn't* the
same.