Carl Ijames

Default Powdercoating panel seaming idea.

Varian makes an epoxy called TorrSeal (and others now make knockoffs
just as good) that is good to at least 250 F and will not outgas until
you get it hot enough to start decomposing. It's made for sealing
vacuum systems, naturally, and I've used it in a UHV system with a base
pressure down in the 10-9 torr range so I can attest to the "no
outgassing" part :-). Sands okay after curing. I'd try Duniway
Stockroom as a good cheap supplier and try a small test piece at your
powdercoaters. Go to
http://www.duniway.com/images/pdf/p-...s-supplies.pdf and look
at epoxy patch. Oh, I se that they list it as good to 150 C which is
302 F which should be enough for a quick coat cycle.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames carl.ijames at verizon.net

The guys I talked to said temperature wasn't the main problem.
It seems that even the high temp putties out-gas, and that will cause
bubbles in the powdercoat.