Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default More than one wire to a hole/set-screw on neutral bus bar?

"bud--" wrote in message

stuff snipped

If I decide to go that route, I will certainly jumper the ground bus to

the
neutral with the thickest wire I have, which is either a 10 or a 8. As

noted in the previous post, moving the grounds that are connected to the
neutral bus to their own bus will free up exactly enough wires to
accommodate all of the available breaker positions, as the box was

probably
designed to do.

You could write back to SquareD and ask if there are any ground bars
available now that fit your panel.

Already did that as soon as I found the *left* hand label that specified
wire sizes for the panel and the part numbers for aux ground bars. (-:

I'm not too hopeful they'll have anything. In that case, I'll adapt the
Cutler Hammer device I have. I'll mark through the mounting holes onto the
panel's sheet metal back, drill two small pilot holes and then screw the bar
down with self-tapping sheet metal screws. The only remaining problem is
that it still doesn't free enough neutral holes in the neutral bar to
accommodate the outlets I am installing if I use a bonding jumper between
the neutral bus and the ground bus. I end up just one hole short. It's
always something!

--
Bobby G.