Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default More than one wire to a hole/set-screw on neutral bus bar?

Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message

Why not just get a grounding kit and move over some grounds to free up
some holes on the neutral bar. There should be tapped holes an a
couple of places in the enclosure for ground bars. I still like to
jumper them back to the neutral with a fat wire but the 10/32 screws
are OK by code for ground busses.

If I decide to go that route, I will certainly jumper the ground bus to the
neutral with the thickest wire I have, which is either a 10 or a 8. As I
noted in the previous post, moving the grounds that are connected to the
neutral bus to their own bus will free up exactly enough wires to
accommodate all of the available breaker positions, as the box was probably
designed to do.

You could write back to SquareD and ask if there are any ground bars
available now that fit your panel.

--
bud--