Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Slow Draining Bathtub

wrote:

i have cleared mine useing a 12 elec wire about a foot long
,bend a hook on the end , push it in and pull it out can catch the hair
or whatever ..yukkkk..i have one tub i use a garden hose and pressure
flush the drain to get it flowing..those 15.00 drain snake drums you
hook a drill to have done the job for me before too. good luck.

Our shower drain slowed rather suddenly, so I got a coat hanger (you
don't want to get it stuck in
a drain), bent a hook on the tip, and fished out a disgusting and
amazing glob of hair. Dropped one of the screws
for the drain cover into the drain, but hubby has a neat, telescoping
magnet thingy which enabled us to get to
it.