Larry Jaques

Default Guns and Democracy (was: Gunner: I'm back)

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 07:55:52 GMT, Alan Connor calmly
ranted:

Does America's violence around the world create democracy? Try
this little quizz:

It consists of one (1) multiple-choice question. Here's a list of the
countries that the U.S. has bombed since the end of World War II,
compiled by historian William Blum:

1. China 1945-46

-snip-
27. Iraq 2002-2004

Q: In how many of these instances did a democratic government,
respectful of human rights, occur as a direct result?

Choose one of the following:

(a) 0

-snip-
(h) nada

Although I disagree with your anti-gun stance, Blum has a
REALLY good point. We should stop flogging a dead horse in
trying to inflict democrazy on other countries. God/Allah/Buddha
knows it wouldn't work anyway.

--== May The Angst Be With You! ==--
-Yoda, on a bad day
--