Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Horne[_2_] Tom Horne[_2_] is offline

Default More than one wire to a hole/set-screw on neutral bus bar?

Robert Green wrote:
I have to admit, though, I am sorely tempted to take the four ground wires
going to the neutral bus and put as many of them under one screw as will
fit. That may or may not leave me enough open neutral connections on the
bar to accommodate the new outlets. From what I can tell, that's legit to
do with ground wires, but not neutrals.

Thanks for the advice!

--
Bobby G.

Bobby
That's fine as long as the label indicates that the terminals will
except more then one wire. If the label does not list multiple wire
combinations under one screw then you are gambling but you are not
risking much. The supplemental buss bar is the way to go if you want to
do it right.
--
Tom Horne