Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Slow Draining Bathtub

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:52:35 -0500, "Ultraglide"
wrote:

I have just noticed that one of our bathtubs drains rather slowly. I don't
believe that it was always that slow. Any ideas or suggestions as to how to
correct the problem?

Try a plunger and stuff the overspill. Flush with hot water. If that
doesn't work...
Raise the pop-up stopper. Gently pull up the stopper and rocker arm.
Then remove the cover plate screws with linkage. Clean all the hair
and debris from all parts and reassemble. Flush with hot water. I
suggest buying a plastic strainer that rests over the drain to catch
any hair if you find a hair clog (you will need to instruct tub users
must clean the hair trap after each use.) If this cleaning doesn't
work try using an auger from the drum trap. If the drum trap is not
accessible auger through the overflow. HTH