Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default More than one wire to a hole/set-screw on neutral bus bar?

"The Freon Cowboy" wrote in message
m...
yes, its permissible, and done everywhere .

FWIW, it looks like the reason it's done everywhere is that the "by the
book" solution is pretty drastic. As far as I can tell from what Square D
said, to gain more neutral holes, I'll have to change out the whole box.
That's a little too drastic a solution and I have a few options. One is to
disconnect the central A/C since we never use it. That would free some
openings. Another is to mount the supplemental Cutler Hammer ground bus bar
in the case, feed it with a large diameter wire from the existing neutral
bus bar and move the three or four ground wires now connected to the bus
(old house, very few grounded outlets) to the supplemental ground bus bar.
The third seems to be what most people do. Put two wires under a setscrew
and print up a big label for the box "Disconnect Main Breaker Before Neutral
Rewiring!"

--
Bobby G.