Posted to alt.home.repair
JC[_2_] JC[_2_] is offline

Default Fan mounting question

"big e lewis" wrote in message
I have a 12' ceiling insulated garage, that I will be heating with a
propane heater. Mounting a regular ceiling fan would be a pain, but I
would like to "push" the warm air down. I was thinking of mounting a
standard $15 box fan horizontially, and just plugging into the outlets
for the lights. Would there be a problem mounting this type of fan in
this position, such as bearings or anything? It seems too easy and/or
cheap, so I figure there must be a reason not to that I'm not
seeing..lol. Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks, Earl

You could just build a shelf up high and sit it on that and accomplish the
same thing and not have to worry about hurting the fan. Just let it have
enough "breathing" room behind it.

--
JC from Gnat Flats