Mark Allread

Default Gunner: I'm back

I wish you a speedy recovery. Sounds like what happened to me in '99.
Funny thing, I was simply drinking a glass of orange juice when the pain
hit. After the Pepto, my wife recognized it as a heart attack and I
was white and sweaty, lots of pain, etc. She drove me seventeen miles to
a small town hospital, keeping me talking and awake. The hospital had a
a one bed ER and no trauma personnel. The local ER doctor had called
in sick, and it was the second weekend duty that year for the
replacement doctor, who happened to be a young surgeon from Mayo Clinic.
I staggered in like I was stabbed in the gut. I passed out as the nurse
said "40 over 20." This doctor saved my life and my heart, I came back
among the living and got a helicopter ride to a heart hospital where
they put a stent in. I had one clogged artery on the right side,(the
widowmaker) and it had closed. BTW, that morphine is pretty good stuff.
The upside of having the knowledge you now have, is that you probably
won't ever have another heart attack. It takes a few months to get used
to the strange pains of healing inside, and the light headedness from
the medication. Remember to breath deeply, relax and rest, and thank God
when you get the chance.
John