Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default door frame (for garage door)

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:35:06 -0000, "Brian G"
wrote:

You can use Vac-Vac treated or tanalised timber for the frame as both can be
painted.

I called a couple of local merchants but they could only supply
untreated wood.

How do I make a suitable mortise? is it time to buy a router? How deep
should the mortise be?

Don't bother forking out for a router - inmy opinion it is next to useless
for a job like this.

Thanks for the links.

I think there is some confusion here about what I am trying to do. To
clarify I had a metal canopy door which has broken (see my other
post). It had been problematic for a while so we decided to replace
the whole thing. To clarify it will be an off-the-shelf metal canopy
door but it needs a sturdy wooden frame. I think the other reply
suggests I am making an up-and-over door, I'm not, it's just the frame
that I will be making.

Thanks.