Posted to alt.home.repair
Snow Snow is offline

Default video surveillance

"FrankLee" wrote in message
Does anybody know of a good home video surveillance system?

I have a neighbor who has been periodically vandalizing our property
over the past 3 years. I want to set up a hidden camera system to
record him. The police said they can't do anything unless I catch him
on camera.

He causes a couple hundred $ of damage every year and I afraid for the
safety of my family.

My budget is about $300 but may be willing to go higher. I have a good
working pc I can use for a system.

Any suggestions/ideas helpful.

Thanks,

FrankLee

You can get a cheap USB webcam that comes with software that will start
recording when motion is detected. The quality of the recording isn't going
to be the greatest but if you clever enough you can place the webcam
somewhere near. That would be the cheapest system I can think of. Logitech
or Creative both make cameras and have motion detecting software, or get 3rd
party software, lots of them are free downloads.
www.creative.com
http://us.creative.com/products/welc...T.mc_i d=8862
www.logitech.com http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/176/3975&cl=us,en or
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/we...cams/&cl=us,en