Posted to alt.home.repair

Default video surveillance

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:49:51 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 14:43:24 -0800 (PST), FrankLee
wrote:

Does anybody know of a good home video surveillance system?

I have a neighbor who has been periodically vandalizing our property
over the past 3 years. I want to set up a hidden camera system to
record him. The police said they can't do anything unless I catch him
on camera.

He causes a couple hundred $ of damage every year and I afraid for the
safety of my family.

My budget is about $300 but may be willing to go higher. I have a good
working pc I can use for a system.

Any suggestions/ideas helpful.

Thanks,

FrankLee

Why the phuc has this gone on 3 years? You could have shot him and
been out of jail by now!

Do you know how low quality surveillance film is? You're lucky you can
tell
if it's a man or a woman. Most of the ones you see on TV are horrible,
and
those are from stores that have cash to spend on good machines. Most of
the
people are identified from clothing and other clues that people who know
the
suspects recognize.

Look at the laws of your state. You might have the answer to your
problems
in your gun closet. And if you DO catch this creep, you're only gonna
****
him off by putting him in jail for a month or until he gets released on
his
own recognizance and comes back with a worse attitude. Catch the guy on
your property and give him an attitude adjustment. Or find some Bubba
who'll do it for fifty bucks.

Steve

Why give Bubba all the fun? I'd get too much pleasure blasting his
head off with my shotgun. Make sure you kill him, else he'll come
back and sue you. You can try motion detectors with flood
lamps--vandals don't want to be seen. A pit bull or Doberman can help
too.

Yeah, but then, you'd have something worse than a vandal: A dog.