Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default How to repair hole in ice bin?

On Dec 15, 1:13 pm, The True King of Argentina
wrote:
A large piece of my ice bin broke off, right under the auger. It is a
17 year old Whirlpool with ice maker. I think a large chunk of ice
got stuck in the auger and was pushed down to break out the hole.

I have previously repaired it with duct tape. That works for a few
weeks. Anyone know of a better way, maybe some sort of glue? I could
replace the bin for the low low price of $53.

Check Wal Mart for a two part plastic "weld". I used some on a car fan
shroud that was cracked in half and it held up beautifully. (was gonna
give you the exact name but I can't find it, but IIRC it came in two
syringes and not tubes)