Old Nick

Default _Sources_ for carbide chain in the US?

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:18:04 GMT, Glenn Lyford
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Standard chain pitches in the smaller sizes are.
3/8"
3/8" Low Profile
.325" pitch (I've not got any idea where they came up with this size
but it is standard).
1/4" pitch.

Isn't there also a pitch that alternates drive links of one length
(I think .375) with sideplates of another (either .325 or .25),
that's also used on smaller saws?

Ooooohhhhhh! Noooooooo! Arrgh!

Actually all saw chain has irregular drive link pin spacing. You
actually measure the pitch by measuring the ditance across _3_ pins
C/C, the dividing by 2. See? Easy and sensible! G

Please tell me that's what you mean!