Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Problem with crown molding ending at open wall

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 08:41:47 -0800 (PST), Mikepier
wrote:

On Dec 16, 10:22 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Mikepier" wrote in message

OK here is a pic of the molding with a return. Its pic#8 of the album

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikerock92/Molding

If that doesn't get you AT LEAST a batch of cookies, call the Husband Union
local office immediately.

After almost 40 someodd posts, I think that was the best solution for
the return. It looks pretty good.

Looks good. What is the end view now, compared to photo 3? Better I
bet.

On a sidenote, while I was cutting that return piece, the chip shield
on my Makita saw broke.(This after spending $70 for a new 14" blade).
I tried using it without the shield, but its impossible because not
only does the wood fly out into the air, the shield was actually part
of the fence, so you cant get a straight cut. Plus not to mention its
dangerous. The impact left a black and blue on my thumb. Luckiliy my
Bro-in-law has a saw, so I'll borrow his when I go to his house today
and watch the Jets get killed.