Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default How to repair hole in ice bin?

willshak wrote:
on 12/15/2007 1:13 PM The True King of Argentina said the following:

A large piece of my ice bin broke off, right under the auger. It is a
17 year old Whirlpool with ice maker. I think a large chunk of ice
got stuck in the auger and was pushed down to break out the hole.

I have previously repaired it with duct tape. That works for a few
weeks. Anyone know of a better way, maybe some sort of glue? I could
replace the bin for the low low price of $53.

http://www.northwestpolymers.ca/welders.html

JB-weld is a good 2-part epoxy. I'd remove it completely and work on it
clean, warm, and dry however.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.