Posted to alt.home.repair
Roof Time Cincinnati Roof Time Cincinnati is offline

Default How to repair hole in ice bin?

On Dec 15, 1:13 pm, The True King of Argentina
wrote:
A large piece of my ice bin broke off, right under the auger. It is a
17 year old Whirlpool with ice maker. I think a large chunk of ice
got stuck in the auger and was pushed down to break out the hole.

I have previously repaired it with duct tape. That works for a few
weeks. Anyone know of a better way, maybe some sort of glue? I could
replace the bin for the low low price of $53.

Hey...the broken piece in contact with the ice?? If so, be very
cautious about epoxy's, puttys and glues...even if not poisonous, may
impart taste / oder..to the ice.......