Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default More than one wire to a hole/set-screw on neutral bus bar?

wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:33:59 -0500, "EXT"
wrote:

I have no problems putting more than one wire into a hole in a bus bar

and
tightening down a screw onto them. It has got to be more solid and safer
than a wire nut.

The issue is not the security of the connection. It is that when you
would disconnect one neutral you would be opening the other one too if
they were doubled up.

The solution to that situation would be to always kill the main breaker or
even the outside shut off below the meter when disconnecting any neutrals,
true? I'm just trying to figure out alternatives in case I am unable to
find a supplemental neutral bus bar.

Thanks for you input!

--
Bobby G.