Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default please check syntax error (grammar mistakes) for me

On 2007-12-16, Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

Since this is a metal working group let me give you another example:
All over Asia are machine shops (what we used to call job shops) and
every one is equipped with Chinese machines. Lathes, milling machines,
grinders, you name it. And every one of these machines is equal in
quality to the American made machinery that I ran for many years, but
you don't see this machinery in the U.S. because nobody wants to buy
it - it costs too much. What everyone wants is the cheap Chinese junk
from Harbor Freight. So that is what is what the Chinese sell to
Harbor Freight - cheap junk that you can't find in most Asian
countries because no professional shop here will buy it.

Bruce, you said something very interesting and something that makes
sense to me.

What I do want to know is, how come those quality chinese goods are
not seen in the US, as much as they deserve to be seen.

I mean, if I could buy a quality new machine for, say, 60% of what a
new US made machine costs, I personally would do it. (assuming that
support, etc is also available).

I believe he already answered that, Ig.

Very well too.

Richard