Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] rbce2003@hotmail.com is offline

Default "squeezing" thin wall brass tubing

I have to replicate some brass tubes that are used in a carburetor.
The tubes are .093 OD, and .015 wall. The original tubes are 2" long,
with the end .250 reduced down to .067 OD, which has an ID drilled and
sized to .030. I know that I could solder and drill the .093 tubing
and make it work, but I need to make this just like the OE tubing, so
I need to know if this is something I can do in my lathe? I need to
do about 25 of them for the first run.

If anyone can shed some light on this procedure, or has any positive
and helpful comments, please share!