Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Problem with crown molding ending at open wall

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:32:55 -0800 (PST), Mikepier
wrote:

Is his crown to long in photo 2? I mean the short point, extending
beyond the cabinet?

Phish is on target with the crown being to long.

The photo is tricky... until one looks (like me several times).

"Mikepier" wrote in message
On Dec 15, 4:50 pm, "Rich" wrote:
Mikepier wrote:
OK here are the pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikerock92/Molding

Picture 3of7 you just make a small return piece to that and your done.

YMMV, Rich

Yeah but you will still see it from the other side wont you? I
understand that's what should be done theoretically, but I did not
want to see that piece sticking out.- Hide quoted text -

Oren, its hard to see in the pics, but the molding is going against
the wall, just like the cabinet. The end of the cabinet and the bottom
of the molding line up with each other.

I really want to see how this works out, now. The pic 2 is deceptive.