Posted to alt.home.repair
David L. Martel David L. Martel is offline

Default Problem with crown molding ending at open wall

Mike,

I'd glue up a nice block of wood (with a decorative carving?) just next
to the cabinet at 'crown molding" height and end the crown molding against
the block with a straight cut. I'm not sure but I think that will mean a 45
deg. internal miter on the crown molding. Cut the molding slightly long and
then sand until you get a good fit.

Dave M.
"Mikepier" wrote in message
On Dec 15, 4:50 pm, "Rich" wrote:
Mikepier wrote:
OK here are the pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikerock92/Molding

Picture 3of7 you just make a small return piece to that and your done.

YMMV, Rich

Yeah but you will still see it from the other side wont you? I
understand that's what should be done theoretically, but I did not
want to see that piece sticking out.