Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using the push-in option (and no screw tighten) on outlets

On Dec 15, 7:16�pm, a wrote:
OK - I've read the bitter vitriol in here used to describe the use of the
push-in option when wiring electrical outlets, but is there any study
someone can point to that has tested the long term difference between the
screw terminals and the push-in variety? �All I hear is anecdotal - kinda
like the resistance a few have for using PEX in plumbing.

Aside from 'personal experience', is there any data?

I dont know but I have had one fail and will never use another one.
when anything is the cheapest available its usually not a good deal.