Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Jane & David Jane & David is offline

Default ARCH.. some not round stuff (0/1)

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:03:41 -0800, Jane & David
wrote:

Very cool. But as a highly inexperienced turner, I'm curious about how
you go about turning so much air - especially on the one with the wings.
It seems like a guy would soon have all his tools stuck in the ceiling.

PDX David

big snip

BTW: tools won't hit the ceiling unless you're cutting on the UP side... but,
you knew that, right? ;-]

No! I don't know that, and I hope to never find out :-) I was thinking
the wood would knock tip of the tool down against the rest and flip the
handle up ass-over-teakettle toward the sky. I would guess a change of
pants would follow.

Glad to hear you have a (relatively) safe procedure. And again, really
nice work.

PDX David