Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
BumHead BumHead is offline

Default ARCH.. some not round stuff (0/1)

Can be dangerous. I've done a couple of square turnings and those
wings are scary. Trick is slow and easy with light cuts and be very
careful 'cause those wings are as you said GHOST. I used a trick
someone told me to sand my turnings by wrapping sandpaper around a
piece of styrofoam packing that I took out of some box, Kept my hands
away from those wings.
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:31:10 -0800, mac davis
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:37:31 -0900, Kevin Miller wrote:

mac davis wrote:
A couple of my latest... sort of a rebellion since the "goblets from hell" are
done..

Way cool. I've been doing something similar lately too. How are you
reverse chucking yours to finish the bottom?

Hope to have some photos up soon on mine but first have to finish my
wife's Christmas present (it's not turned). I'll post some photos of
that too. Real Soon Now...

...Kevin

Thanks, Kevin... That means a lot coming from you..

Both were vacuum chucked.. though for the wing bowl I got a little chicken and
left the tail stock on it with a small cup center and then sanded the nub off..

I've has a wing bowl try to fly before and it sort of spooked me..

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing