Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Dell Dimension Desk Top

"JANA" writes:

You will have to go with the original parts for DELL. They are proprietary.

Is this true of all their power supplies now? Are they just designed
to be non-standard to prevent swapping with standard ones?

Apparently, their computers are very good. I know of a number of companies
that are using many DELL computers for their operations, including DELL
servers. Their performance and dependability is very good.

--

JANA
_____

"radiosrfun" wrote in message
I got a call from someone who has a Dell Dimension Desktop computer that
won't "come on".
They had a "Geek Squad" person look it over - the person said the 250w PS
was shot. There was 5v on one side but not the other. Then - those parts
were hard to get a hold of.

"I" am asking because I don't deal with Dell - I can't stand them for my own
reasons. SO - is there available power supplies out there - or do we have to
kiss Dell's ass for one?

Opinions please - so I know whether I need to call Dell or can go most
anywhere.

Thanks