Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default More than one wire to a hole/set-screw on neutral bus bar?

"EXT" wrote in message
anews.com...
I have no problems putting more than one wire into a hole in a bus bar and
tightening down a screw onto them. It has got to be more solid and safer
than a wire nut. However, if this is an old box with screws that you wrap
the wire around under the screw head, don't do it. Only one wire per screw
head.

I wasn't going to do the pigtail/wire nut route. I'd rather pull the whole
box and put in one with a higher capacity and more features than start
spaghetti-ing up the box with wire nuts. Well, that's not exactly true.
But I certainly agree that two wires to a hole couldn't be any *worse* than
putting two neutrals into the same bus bar hole. BTW, it's not a screw head
type box. There are setscrews that lock wire into holes a little bigger
than 1/8" in diameter so there's more than enough room for two #12 wires.
Just doubling up a few would give me enough free spots for the neutrals I
need. But the best solution seems to be adding a third bus bar, if I can
find one.

--
Bobby G.