Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default how to run electric to island in basement

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:35:37 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:40:14 -0600, bud--
wrote:

I like your smurf tube name.

ENT seems pretty fragile. Seen significant problems?

--

Smurf is really pretty tough. It can be used anywhere you can use
Romex plus embedded in concrete.

As an "unelectrical" anecdotal study, I am also using a piece of 3/4"
smurf to sleeve the steering cable on my boat. 12 years later the
Florida sun, salt water and heat have not hurt it a bit. It didn't get
hard and crack as I suspected it might. Carlon must have some U/V
protection in it. I personally think the listing may be somewhat
conservative.

A word of warning for Smurf tube. Pulling the wire can be harder. I
wouldn't use 1/2" unless it is really short run. Don't bend it unless
you have to. You can't put more than 360 Deg bends between junction
boxes. I would pull the wire before I covered everything up.