Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeepwolf Jeepwolf is offline

Default Covering up Electrical J-Box

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 10:54:03 -0700, "Cubby" wrote:

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
I agree with you. If there is no splice to come loose, what would be the
problem? I believe to do it properly, you'd have to disconnect the
conductors at the previous junction.

Thanks. I have yet to open it up to see what's inside as I currently have
a freezer sitting in the way. Just my luck will be that it's not at the end
of the ckt. But it makes sense to me that if I disconnect at the previous
junction, assuming it is at the end of a ckt, I should be fine to cover the
J-Box up.
Cheers,
cc

If you disconnect the wires from the circuit at the other end, there
no longer is any code involved, because it's no longer wiring, just
something to decorate the inside of the walls. On the other hand, can
you reverse it so it can be used on the other side of the same wall
(in the adjoining room)? There never are enough outlets and this
might be easier than finding the source to disconnect. Just a
thought.