Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca clare at snyder.on.ca is offline

Default I give up ...........

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 18:28:44 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Dec 12, 11:23 am, Jim Chandler wrote:

Speaking of which, does anyone know what "aircraft quality" aluminum
actually is? As far as I know, there is no such designation. ...
Jim

It's just below Beer Can Quality, but I doubt anyone will push that
term.

I haven't heard of Duralumin in quite a while.

"aircraft quality" aluminum is aluminum that can be traced to the
producing mill and has a paper trail to assure it is what it says it
is. Can be any of several different series including 6061, depending
where it is being used on the plane.