Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Electrical Question

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:44:45 -0500, "Scott"
wrote:

I replaced a 110 volt outlet and ran an additional outlet from it. Now my vm
says I have 110volts but nothing works when I plug into it. So I removed the
second outlet while checking to make sure I had wired correctly, tested the
outlet - vm says I have voltage but nothing I plug in works. Please guide me
O wise ones......

TIA,
Kim and Tim

Besides the other suggestions, measure the voltage BOTH without and
with a load connected. A significant change indicates a wiring
problem.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Never underestimate the power of stupid
people in large groups"