Posted to alt.home.repair
Country Country is offline

Default Electrical Question

On Dec 12, 4:44 pm, "Scott" wrote:
I replaced a 110 volt outlet and ran an additional outlet from it. Now my vm
says I have 110volts but nothing works when I plug into it. So I removed the
second outlet while checking to make sure I had wired correctly, tested the
outlet - vm says I have voltage but nothing I plug in works. Please guide me
O wise ones......

TIA,
Kim and Tim

Check Neutral wire and hot wire with volt-meter.Make sure your reading
a/c voltage.If you pig-tailed any connections check those to see if
your moving them when you try to get a reading.If you replaced the
home run (wire back to the panel) check thats its connected to the
neutral bar and not the ground bar if they're seperate.The way it
sounds though you just have a bad connection and your not reading feed
back.
Hope this fixes ya.