Posted to rec.woodworking
skeez skeez is offline

Default 8/4 Cost Per Boardfoot Versus 4/4 Cost?

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:09:48 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Otoe wrote:

Again, the measurements are in boardfoot so the
thickness shouldn't cost more on a boardfoot basis

It takes longer to dry 8/4 lumber. Time is money.

absolutely! i think you found the brass ring doug. also the cost of
fuel to run the kiln comes into play and we all know how that is! It
takes more than twice as long to dry 8/4.
I buy green and air dry it to save some money but that takes some
planning ahead and sometimes ya just dont have the time!

skeez