Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Antique CH timer

In message , David Hansen
writes
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:23:51 GMT someone who may be "Keith Dunbar"
wrote this:-

I have a very antique Randall 103 central heating timer, which decided not
to switch on this morning - so perhaps the time has come to improve on it.
Trouble is, I can find to way to remove it from the wall. I've managed to
unscrew the cover at the bottom where all the wires come in. Of course I
could just smash it - but as I may not be able to get a replacement yet I'd
rather not do that. Has anyone any knowledge of how these come apart?

In a couple of minutes I had navigated to
http://danfoss-randall.co.uk/Content...51-1EBD2CE38C2
4_MNU17416279.html
which appears to cover the whole range and I suspect includes
mechanical and electrical instructions.

As others have said most controllers have had a standard backplate
for many years.

What David has said above is totally incorrect in your case

The Randall backplate for the 102/103 and subsequent programmers based
on them is different to most others

--
geoff